Upon completion the program, the graduate will receive an Associate of Science Degree in Nursing and be certified to the FBON who will determine the student’s eligibility to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX © -RN).
In 24 months
Total Clock Hours
Azure College’s Associate of Science degree program in Nursing enables students to acquire the knowledge and skills required to become registered nurses (RN) SOC Code 29.1111. Registered nurses are vital members of the health care team who assess, plan, and provide direct patient care. They work closely with physicians and other health care professionals. Education in nursing combines class work with clinical experiences in local hospitals, health care agencies, and the community. In addition to nursing classes and clinical assignments, students take a series of general education and basic science courses.
In meeting these outcomes, graduates of the program will not only be educated in a broad scope of nursing practices “to respond to society’s health care needs,” but also to fill a need realized from the national nursing shortage. The rigorous curriculum will ensure the highest level of training and quality of candidates.
Clinical experience is received in hospitals on acute medical-surgical, obstetrical, pediatric, maternity and critical care units, emergency rooms and operating rooms; in extended care and rehabilitation facilities; with home health and community health agencies; and in psychiatric facilities.
Upon completion the program, the graduate will receive an Associate of Science Degree in Nursing and be certified to the FBON who will determine the student’s eligibility to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX© -RN).
|Quick Facts: Registered Nurses|
|2017 Median Pay||$70,000 per year
$33.65 per hour
|Typical Entry-Level Education||Bachelor’s degree|
|Work Experience in a Related Occupation||None|
|Number of Jobs, 2016||2,955,200|
|Job Outlook, 2016-26||15% (Much faster than average)|
|Employment Change, 2016-26||438,100|
|Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Registered Nurses, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm (visited April 21, 2018).|
Who can apply
for this Program
No Wait List/ Free Entrance
Free NCLEX Review until you pass
Free Nursing Entrance Exam
High-Tech Nursing Labs
Tuition & Fees
The cost of attending Azure College Nursing (ASN) program is $195 for all General Ed course and $230 for all nursing course. The program has 126.5 quarter credit.
Azure College does not participate in the Federal Government Title IV program.
Fees can vary, depending on a student’s classification, residency status, personal needs and spending habits. The most current rates and information available at the time of publishing are used, and are subject to change.
The programs at Azure College are open to all qualified applicants without regard to political affiliation, race, color, religion, gender, disability, marital status, place or birth or national origin and with proper regard to their privacy and constitutional rights.
- Applicant is 18 years of age
- Schedule and attend an admissions interview with an Azure College Admission Rep.
- Complete an admissions application and pay $50 application fee.
- Verification of high school graduation (transcript, diploma, etc.) OR Verification of GED completion (GED scores or GED diploma) OR Proof of graduation from a foreign institution comparable to a United States secondary school OR a signed attestation that the applicant is a High School Graduate.
- Copy of government issued ID
- Meet the program Technical standards
- Attend a mandatory information session
Student must provide the following before an admission decision is made:
- Provide results of your Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Testing examination (ACT). Institution requirements for admission are a combined score of 1200 on the SAT, a composite score of 18 on the ACT or a successful passing score on the school’s entrance examination (score 50% or higher).
- Provide to the School a clean Level 2 criminal background check.
- Provide to the School a clean Drug and Alcohol Test
Student must provide the following at the most 30 days after class start.
- Complete Physical Exam
- Complete an American Heart Association CPR course.
- Provide a current Liability Insurance
Note: Applicants will not be required to provide proof of high school graduation when they provide the following:
- Verification (official transcript) of an earned degree from an accredited institution recognized by United States Department of Education,
- An evaluation of an official transcript by a NACES approved educational evaluator service attesting that the degree is equivalent to a degree earned at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States.
As an Azure College’s School of Nursing student, you will experience at least one community clinic in a country like Haiti, Cuba, Dominican Rep or Brazil.
COME SEE THE COMPASSIONATE SIDE OF NURSING, FIRST HAND!
The Proof is in the Results
Azure College helps create success stories & changes lives. Check out some pictures of people like you, that are now Nurses and working in the field